Peer Review
Last week after presenting my magazine to my peers and teacher, I received very good feedback. I was very excited to here about what people had to say about my magazine, good or bad. Luckily for me the feedback I received, was mostly positive. I got a lot of comments about the overall look of my magazine. I was told that it "looked like a real magazine" and they liked the barcode as well as the star I added on the content page to distinguish which one was the feature article. I added to the bottom to give it that exact feel. I was also told that the color theme throughout my magazine was well thought out and consistent and the content page has a nice background, especially with the background being faded. I agree with this, I took time to create borders to the top of my content page, to be able to keep the green theme all the way through and make sure that the text stood out over the background.
In contrast to the good feedback, I also received some constructive feedback. The articles on my cover page, need to be lined up, and the title on my feature article needs to be centered. I originally did not do this, because I did not really think about how much the space that they took up, but once someone pointed out the dead space, I realized that things needed to be moved. Someone had said to make my feature article larger on the cover page. Although I understand what she was trying to say, I already mentioned my feature article twice on the cover page. She most likely did not see that, so I will try to make the article stand out a little better. I was told that the cover page needs to be brightened, but also someone did not think that that needed to happen. I will however consider, changing/ editing the contrast of the picture and possibly brighten it. I received mixed feelings about the tape that I put on my pictures. I did this to make it seem like the pictures were taped onto the background. Someone had said that the tape may not be understood by everyone; however, people in the class loved how it looked. This is a conflict for me as I happen to like how the tape looks as well. I think that it is different. I will most likely not be removing the tape, but probably going to change it slightly considering what that person had said.
The feedback I received, both good and bad, was perfect for me to finalize project. I noticed things that I had not noticed before; for example, one of my titles was not in all uppercase, but the rest of the titles were. If it was not for the peer review I would have missed that completely. I feel as if people really enjoyed my magazine, and I'm glad that we were able to do this.
Comments
Post a Comment