Decision Day

     After participating in the tutorials of InDesign and Premiere Pro, I have now seen the positives and negatives, to both. Premiere pro will be able to help me edit and put together a movie, if I choose it. While InDesign will help me edit a magazine cover, content page, and feature article. Personally, I found Premiere Pro to be running slowly. This may be because it was run on a school computer; however, it was super hard to navigate, for example, the cutting feature which allows you to cut the video, seemed easy to use but was hard for me to get the hang of it. Overall, InDesign was much easier to learn, and get down, it also allowed more options, for example, more color and text optionsInDesign Tip: Font List Filters | Technology for Publishing LLC. These pros and cons helped me realize my choice for my project. 

    My choice for this project is going to be a magazine. I am going to choose this because I feel I can be more creative while creating a magazine, and it is more my style. I don’t believe I could go to my full potential with a movie, which I feel I could do with a magazine. In the article "Survival of the fittest: four editors on the future of literary magazines" the author states “Readership is painfully low, budgets are notoriously tight, and many journals are struggling to stay viable, let alone relevant.”, although this is true, in the case that readers are not reading as much, and it's hard to keep publishing magazines with all of the factorsI feel that when I create a magazine, I can create one that won’t be boring and will catch people’s attention. I still will have to write, but I can make the writing interesting to be able to keep the audience and readers intrigued

    Another statement in the same article says, “The Internet has created easier access to readers, more diverse channels for promotion and funding, and a greater variety of publishing formats than ever before.”. This statement proves that apps like InDesign can help create better quality and more opportunities for the future of magazines. I believe that using this will make it easier to create a magazine to its full potential. In the other article "Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom" The author states “Whether the story is told in LEGO bricks, Claymation, puppetry, or text, all that matters is that the story gets told.”; by using this statement the author, claims that it doesn’t matter how but the story will be told, it just matters that it is told in the first place. In this case I will be using text and pictures, to tell a story in my own way from my perspective when creating my magazine.

     I believe I can make an intriguing and creative magazine for my AICE project. I have many options for editing a magazine, and InDesign is one of them that can help me do this. I am excited to get started and believe I can do great.   

Comments